News & Events
Newspapers & Magazines
When Lori Ann King had a total hysterectomy in 2015, she was surprised to find that the surgery triggered menopause, which in turn brought insomnia.
“It would take me an hour to get to sleep and then I’d be waking up at 1 a.m., 2 a.m. and so on,” the 46-year-old, who suffered from ovarian fibroids and endometriosis, tells The Post. “The fatigue was overwhelming.”
Nothing Hold Me Back Now!
Her doctor said it was menopause, but Lori Ann King knew her fatigue was due to something more–and she didn’t give up until she identified the culprit and the easy fixes that restored her vitality.
Lori Ann King knew surgery was stressful, but she believed she was successfully managing the emotions and feelings of tension and anxiety that accompany any major surgery.
It wasn’t until her first bout with chronic hives erupted that she realized her body was more overwhelmed than she thought.
I began blogging in 2014 but it was in 2016 when I whispered my heart’s desire to be a best-selling author.
I always thought my first book would be about life lessons from the bike or cycling shorts (stories) but that book remains in incubation while others rise to the forefront based on the seasons of my life.
What do Tina Fey, JK Rowling, Dolly Parton, Sheryl Sandberg, Clarissa Pinkola Estés, Shonda Rhimes, and Lori Ann King: Author have in common?
They made the list!
Radio & Podcasts
What if … you went to sleep one night and when you woke up in the morning, your whole life had changed? That’s happened to me when I went into surgery expecting one result… but reality demanded another. Approximately 600,000 women a year are thrust into surgically induced menopause, and it wreaks havoc in their lives — and that of their families.
Listen to Kelvin’s riveting interview with me as I detail my story, and its effects on my life, and how I eventually took responsibility and control of my life, to Come Back Strong, to a happy fulfilling life, and how I continue to stay strong.
A conversation for women, and the men who love them.
Writer, editor and publishing consultant Stephanie Gunning interviews me and we discuss my new book release COME BACK STRONG: BALANCED WELLNESS AFTER SURGICAL MENOPAUSE, which is a holistic look at preparation for and recovery from surgery.
Things You Don’t Want to Miss
- Lori’s journey to early menopause
- Lori’s book
- The proverbial menopause
- Lori’s bigger mission and how she got there
- How to get over adversity
- Dealing with distractions
Radio Kingston Interview
Rita Vanacore chats with a power couple – Lori & Jim King. These two are here to share and teach us about senior health, nutrition, and mental attitude. Truly insightful and enjoyable program.
- Oct 13, 2018 Local Author Day @ Barnes & Noble Booksellers Albany, NY
- Oct 10, 2018 Menopause Rocks – Litchfield, CT w/ Maureen Reen Bellmay
- Sept 20, 2018 Facebook Live w/ Lisa Sears and Colleen Commisso of Positive Psychology…Daily Dose
- Sept 18, 2018 Facebook Live w/ Maia Macek of the Rule Breakers Freedom Forum
- Sept 15, 2018 Author Alley @ Gaia’s Essence Women’s Wellness Conference
- Jul 26, 2018 Pawling Public Radio Interview w/ Tina Vaitkus of The Tina Show
- Jul 25, 2018 Another #MasterKeyExperience success… how to win at anything, Interview w/ Mark Januszewski
- Jul 16, 2018 Menopause Rocks! Talk & book signing with, Lori Ann King @ Tivoli Free Library
- Jun 27, 2018 Free Wellness Talk with Author Lori Ann King at Robbins Pharmacy, Croton-on-Hudson, NY
- May 26, 2018 Book Signing & Conversation w/ Lori Ann King @ New Creations Gift Shop, Fishkill, NY
- May 13, 2018 The Four S’s of Balanced Wellness During Menopause – Stress, Sex, Sleep and Self-Love, Interview w/ Camille Nisich
- Apr 28, 2018 Guest Speaker at The Ultimate Women’s Expo, Phoenix, Arizona
- Mar 28 2018Balanced Wellness through Menopause @ Enchanted Cafe
- Mar 19 2018 Come Back Strong with Author Lori Ann King @ Saugerties Library, Saugerties NY
- Mar 14 2018 Come Back Strong with Local Author Lori Ann King @ Barnes & Noble, Kingston, NY
- Mar 14 2018 Radio Interview: I Want What She Has on Radio Kingston with Shana Falana and Theresa Widmann
- Mar 10 2018 Come Back Strong Book Talk & Signing @ Woodstock Library
- Feb 23, 2018 Podcast Interview: The Intensely Positive Podcast with Kelvin Ringold
- Jan 27, 2018 Book Launch Celebration @ Rough Draft Bar and Books.
- Jan 7, 2018 Facebook Live with Evelyn Keiling
- Dec 27, 2017 YouTube Interview with Stephanie Gunning on New Release: Come Back Strong