When it comes to change, the reality of your success lies in the difference between WANTING something to be different and being WILLING to do what it takes to make it happen.
Wanting keeps you in limbo. Willing takes action and moves you forward.
Wanting keeps you in “try” mode. Willing puts you in “do” mode.
Wanting is enslaving. Willing is empowering.
Wanting results in self-sabotage and failure. Willing results are success, whatever it takes.
Wanting is indefinite. Willing is definite.
- You can want to lose weight, and never release a pound.
- You can want six-pack abs, and never see them revealed.
- You can want a new job, and find yourself stuck in the same position year after year.
- You can want to get out of debt, and yet sink further and further behind every month.
- You can want to give up caffeine/sugar/alcohol and yet day after day find yourself victim to the same habits, cravings and addictions.
- You can WANT better relationships and yet never find love or a best friend or always feel lonely.
- You can WANT to go to Australia, Paris, or Bali, and never leave the comfort of your hometown.
And after wanting change day after day, week after week, month after month, year after year, and not seeing change, you will either give up or beat yourself up. Self-love and grace go out the door and you doubt yourself, thinking you just simply aren’t capable of change.
Today, draw a line in the sand and say:
“It’s not that I can’t do it, it’s that up until now, I haven’t been willing to.”
Feel that. Let that really sink in. And realize that in this present moment, you can re-evaluate.
Is this something I really WANT right now in my life, or is it an old dream or goal or someone else’s desire for me to change?
- If the answer is NO, then release it.
Let it go. Stop beating yourself up for something YOU don’t truly want.
- If the answer is YES, then ask yourself:
Am I WILLING to do what it takes to achieve it?
- If the answer is NO, WOW! That is powerful!
Let yourself of the hook. It may not be the right time, or if you are not willing, it may not truly be what you want. You can always decide to come back to it at a later date. For now, let it go and spend your time focusing on more productive things you truly care about.
- If the answer is YES, then take action RIGHT NOW.
Send a text or email, make a call, set an apt with a nutritionist, coach, banker, mentor, prospect, or lawyer to begin the process.
There is a window of willingness RIGHT NOW. It’s not later, or tonight, or tomorrow, or Monday or next week. It’s RIGHT NOW in this present moment where, if you take action, you will solidify your commitment and start the ball rolling toward the change you desire.
It will take passion to do what it takes to change.
It will take dedication to move beyond WANT and step into WILLING.
And you, my dears are worth it!